7.10.2009

in the blink of an eye

Tomorrow, my little bean will be six months old. Knowing this makes me feel ridiculously joyful, sad, grateful and wholly blessed in every way. I am on an emotional, nostalgic rollercoaster. It happened, quite literally, in the blink of an eye. One minute I'm seven months pregnant, the next I'm mama to the cutest baby I ever did see and the next after that my little boy is six months old. My little family is a bazillion times more than I should ever ask for. Somebody pinch me.

And, a funny side... all of these changes have actually physically manifested themselves in my eyesight. Pregnancy changed my eyes like... three different times. By the end, I could barely see a street sign across the room. Now, six months later, my far-away sight is actually better than it was this time last year. Which is good because if I'm getting new glasses, there better be a new prescription to make it worth the cost. Last time I got metal frames but metal was not working out with G (you know, since my accessorized life pretty much revolves around the six month old babe I mentioned earlier)... I kept poking him in the face with the edges when I went to kiss him and the joint pinched his delicious little fingers. And plastic just suits me so much more. So back to plastic I go. Goodbye headaches, hello clarity and cuteness. The frames are beautiful, if I do say so myself. Sneak peek:

(Those are lasered polka dots, not rhinestones... although that would be pretty fab. They also come in a spicy red if you're feeling sassy.)

2 comments:

Just the two of us! said...

I know what you mean! Sydney is practically three [two and a half really but who does not love to exaggerate haha] already and it is BLOWING MY MIND!!!!! Hope you are feeling better!!

p.s. I started a new blog so I could write more personal things that I did not want my family to read hah... so here it is

http://adventureofalife.blogspot.com/
So, read this one now!! I got a new jazzy background and eveything!!

Have a rockin weekend!!

Lindsay Grimes said...

Those glasses are adorable!! Love the polka dots!