5.13.2009

we celebrate mother's day now?

Well, technically we have always celebrated Mother's Day. But now we celebrate Mother's Day. It was another one of those I'm a mom?? moments for me.

We went out of town over the weekend to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach for a wedding on the Hebert side of Paul's family. Too short a trip but still a much-needed break and very refreshing. G went "swimming" for the first time, met a whole lotta family and went to his first wedding. I prepared for the worst but hoped for the best and I've gotta say we have one insanely incredible infant. I mean, pshhh, I knew that already but really... he is the best.

As far as Mother's Day... we spent most of it coming home but went out for some totally terrific tapas at Casa Mia when we got back to Athens (goat cheese might be my new favorite thing ever... you know, in case you were wondering). I know a lot of people are very into the big gifts and grand gestures for Mother's Day, but nothing will ever top having the privilege of being this sweet boy's mama. This is the best gift...







And as for my non-bloggyness lately... all of my own words can't even touch this poem:

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu seem to be an excelent mum! I really like what i read! =) I found your blog without expecting...

Three Scobeys said...

He is SO SO cute. I love the picture of him cuddling up to your chest. I cannot wait to get me some baby lovin'!

Holli said...

I'm so happy you had a great Mother's Day!