6.14.2009

questions, part 2 - guilt

What is your least favorite thing about being a mom? Easy. I'm sure there is a better word for it but it is more or less guilt and I really think that all new moms experience it at some point. Sometimes I just feel like I can never do enough or that what I am doing is not the right thing. At night or on long drives in the car, it's hard not to wonder if maybe I could have done more or made a better choice. When I get some rare time to myself it's wonderful but in the back of my mind I almost feel guilty that I even want to get away in the first place. That guilt was really tough to get over during those first few weeks. But I just had to realize that I'm always going to make the choices that I honestly believe are the best for my family and that wanting time to myself doesn't mean I don't want to be with them. And I won't even start on the guilt of being a new working mom. That new mama guilt is hands down my least favorite thing about being a parent.

And, if you want to know my favorite... there is just nothing sweeter and more rewarding than G curled up like a little bean and sleeping on my chest and lightly breathing on my face. He's definitely not bean-sized anymore (well... I don't know that he was ever that small) and I already miss it so much. Bitty bean-sized baby's breath is the best. That and his quirky little toothless smile.





No comments: