2.11.2009

one month

From misc.
(Click for full size.)

Has it really been one month already?!

Gray has already changed SO much since we met him. The past several days have shown the biggest changes (responsive smiling, lots of cooing, discovering his hands, lots and lots of eye contact and studying the world...) and even though I can't wait to see even more of his personality, I'm really going to miss this cuddly baby stage. He is such a great baby so far, we've got to be some of the luckiest parents around. Next to Paul, I didn't know I was capable of loving someone so much or that my heart could be so altered by such a tiny life. And who knew we could function on so little sleep?

Really, it blows my mind how quickly the time is passing. I don't know where the time went and I don't even want to think about how fast this next month will go. And then the months after that... I don't know how I will ever be able to go back to work two weeks from now (yes, only two more weeks) and leave this little boy for 9-10 hours a day. Probably with a lot of tears and picture text messages everyday. (work is another post to be scheduled for another day). I'm just thankful that I will have the entire Summer off to spend with him. And I guess Spring Break isn't too far away, right?

And, of course, I don't know how we would have made it this far without our awesome families and friends. I really don't know how people do this without support. We have had so much help and support it's unreal. There are a lot of things I don't know but I do know that this baby is so loved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's already a month old! I love the collage.