12.31.2008

it's almost a new year

Only a few more hours until 2009!  Can you believe it?  

Baby Hebert update: Today, I had my 38 week appointment... still 2-3 cm but the Dr. seems to think I am just "teetering on the edge."  I guess for a couple of reasons and because of some of my body's latest signs he said he doesn't really think I'll make it to my due date or maybe even next week (though, of course, it is possible and I am just going to go ahead and expect to wait it out a few more weeks so I won't go crazy wondering when it's going to happen).  After I left the office I had another big sign that labor isn't too far off but, again, this doesn't always mean something haha... we will just wait it out!  I do think it's safe to say that G will be waiting to make his appearance in 2009.  :)

I really can't believe how this year has flown by and also what an incredible year it has been.  I started the year living on my own in a new town, at a new school, made a few new friends and got to reconnect with a few old ones.  Married the best man I know.  And now we're waiting to welcome our baby into the world.  I can't even get my mind around it sometimes.  I've got to be the luckiest girl ever.  And many of my friends had a pretty amazing year, too.  Graduations, weddings, new jobs, and just general goodness all over.  I really wanted to do a better recap, but a survey is much easier (positive notes only)  ;)  

*What was the best part of 2008? -- Marrying my awesome husband
*What was the biggest surprise of 2008? -- Finding out I was pregnant
*What are you most looking forward to next year? -- Meeting G Baby
*Which new year's resolutions did you in 2008? -- Losing a little weight/generally feeling better about myself... I almost reached my goal weight before I got pregnant so I feel pretty good about that (makes losing the baby weight quickly a more attainable goal in my mind)
*What will be your new years resolutions next year?  -- Create a healthy balance between family and work (in other words -- don't let my work stress me out so that I can't be the best wife and mom I can be), lose the baby weight, take in every moment and spend as much time with G Baby as possible -- before I know it, we'll be counting down to 2010!
*What was the best part of 2008?  -- Definitely summertime... marrying Paul, newlywed life, being a part of Abby's wedding, learning about our bun in the oven, spending time with friends and reconnecting with friends I'd been separated from through college... there really hasn't been a bad part of 2008 that I can pinpoint.  Very few bumps in the road, I'm blessed.  :)  

No comments: